On June 13th, 1961, the four Evangelical orders of St. John active in Europe once again came together under the cross of Jesus Christ.
The Johanniter Orders listed below who have signed the Convention correspond to the historic “langues” of the Order. They see themselves as obligated to adhere to the traditional regulations of the Order and the objectives they intend to achieve. However, all of the orders are free, independent and autonomous institutions.
The signatory orders are
- the Balley Brandenburg des Ritterlichen Ordens St. Johannis vom Spital zu Jerusalem (Brandenburg Bailiwick of the Knightly Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem)
- The Grand Priory of the British Realm of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem
- Johanniter Orde in Nederland
- Johanniter Order i Sverige
as well as the non-German commanderies affiliated with the Balley Brandenburg
- Johanniter Ridderskapet i Finland
- Association des Chevaliers de St. Jean, Langue de France
- Kommende der Johanniterritter in der Schweiz
- Johannita Rend Magyar Tagozata.
The signatory Orders are of the conviction that their mutual history, their faith and their shared objectives demands that the stand unified.
The webpages of the Alliance are here www.allianceofstjohn.org.