The project 'iProcureSecurity' aims to foster the cooperation and the response capacities of the European emergency medical service systems. The current pluralistic landscape and systems’ diversity constitute challenges to work together at European level. iProcureSecurity will seek to identify the major issues that make transnational cooperation difficult, to tend to increase standardisation of operations across Europe and to contribute to the creation of Europe medical emergency teams that could work as homogenous units. The ten consortium partners will combine their broad geographical representation, conglomeration of skills and experience, legal competence, IT and technical developments to meet the project implementation goals.
The role of Johanniter International will be to create a networking and engagement strategy aiming to involve all stakeholders in the field of medical emergency services, leading them to engage in a pan-European knowledge exchange process. Furthermore, the JOIN Office will seek to establish strong synergies among existing networks and research projects to create a sustainable environment for knowledge exchange. In this regard, Johanniter International will try to involve as many of its member associations as possible, beside Johanniter Austria.
The overall project started on 1 May 2019 and runs for twenty months. iProcureSecurity is funded by the European Commission under the program ‘HORIZON 2020’, the most significant EU Research & Innovation initiative. Specifically, the project responds to the EU’s call for ‘Secure societies – Protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens’.
The 10 Consortium Partners:
- SYNYO, Austria (Coordinator)
- Johanniter International, Belgium
- SERVICIO MADRILENO DE SALUD, Spain
- Johanniter Österreich Ausbildung und Forschung
- Ambulance and Emergency Physicians Association, Turky
- Hellenic Society of Emergency Prehospital Care (HSEPC / EEEPF), Greece
- FUNDACION PARA LA INVESTIGACION BIOMEDICA HOSPITAL INFANTIL UNIVERSITARIO NINO JESUS, Spain
- Italian Resuscitation Council
- Association Medicale Europeenne
- The Provost, Fellows, Foundation Scholars & the other Members of Board of the College of the holy undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin, Ireland